In Central Hill, from the South Bay, is the church of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul. She surprised her unusual views: that the ancient Greek temple was moved from Greece to us in the Crimea.
history of this temple is as follows. In 1792 this place was built by one of the first churches of Sevastopol Peter and Paul - a small, wooden, rectangular shape. In 1837, during a severe storm a church collapsed. In its place have decided to build a new church. Chief commander of the Black Sea fleet and ports MPLazarev preferred design of a young engineer lieutenant of the marine construction of VA Ruleva (1811-1881), who intended to build a temple in a strictly classical style. Construction began in 1840 and was completed in 1844. Church resembles an ancient temple, surrounded on all facades of the colonnade, made of Sarmatian limestone. The main and rear facade finished with triangular gables on which once stood crosses, but today only the foundation remained. At the entrance to the niches were installed sculpture of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, F. Pellichchio performed on samples of the famous Danish sculptor Thorvaldsen.
During the first defense of Sevastopol, the cathedral was badly damaged: fell through the roof, walls and columns defaced frequently hit the fragments. After the war he was reinstated in the means of Sevastopol merchants Maximov and Kundysheva Volodin and re-consecrated December 17, 1889. The church worked parochial school. During the Great Patriotic War, Peter and Paul Cathedral suffered only slightly and was quickly restored. First, the building housed Club Trust "Sevastopolstroy" in October 1946 to 1957, there were performances Theater Lunacharskogo, and then the church was opened in the former Palace of Culture. At present, in a separate room of the cathedral church services take place.