A few kilometers from the capital of Crimea is situated the ancient village of wattle and daub.
name is no accident, in 1784 ten peasant families came here and built the first clay houses - huts. It happened at the command of Empress Catherine II, when they move to the Crimea peasants from the southern regions of Ukraine and Russia. Thus, it would re-populate the Tauride, deserted after the withdrawal of the Tatars in Turkey, preserved the tradition, though the Empress chose this place for the future of the settlements during his travels in Crimea, new settlers have built not only houses, but also the church. The first church was wooden. But the village grew, and in a small temple all the people of huts have not placed. Then, and decided to raise money for a good stone temple.
place for the church had no choice, it was stated above. Rural shepherd tending a flock of sheep on a hill near the village. Suddenly he saw something in the grass, went over and picked up the icon, this was the image of Saint Nicholas. Shepherd brought the icon to the village, but the next day she was again on the same spot where she was found the day before. At this time St Nicholas with his right hand blessing of the icon, the third time, bringing back an icon on the hill, a shepherd told all villagers. At this point, and decided to build a temple, it was consecrated on Dec. 6, 1863 in St. Nicholas.
draft of a new church made Simferopolsky architect Michael Komoritsky, the construction took 33 acres of land. The priest received from the state budget 118 rubles a year, and 300 rubles from the congregation, which numbered 1,305 people. In huts, to the church were attributed to nine surrounding villages. In 1896, a more complete lack finish the temple served first service, completely finishing work was completed in 1899, St. Nicholas Church looks majestic and solemn. Its architecture combines elements of Russian and Byzantine architecture: capitals, arched windows, decorated aprons,, semicircular end external walls - zakomary. Above the entrance was flying in the sky three-tiered bell tower, the windows of the second tier triple, separated by thin columns. Eventually the priest and sacristan built a large house. St. Nicholas Church was famous for his paintings and gilded iconostasis, as well as an unusual bell-ringing, which, as they say old-timers, could be heard even in Simferopol.
In 1932, the temple in the hut was closed, the priest Father Theodore kicked out not only from the house of God, but from their own home. It was a time of struggle with religion and the construction of collective farms, which were needed farms and granaries, and do not need temples. Therefore the stone fence surrounding the church was dismantled for building materials, of which built the pig farm and stables. And in the temple made a granary. But before he defiled: burned religious books and icons, sawed iconostasis. The building was mutilated, so no one can find in it the former, temple: removed the crosses, dropped bell, axes shot down from the walls painted. Tried to destroy the church and the dome, put on his rope, tied to a tractor, but, apparently, God has protected from such sacrilege - the dome survived. The temple was opened during the Nazi occupation of Crimea. The new government, trying to win the trust of the people, allowed to hold worship services. Parishioners brought saved icons, and again under the arches rang the words of prayer. After the war, St. Nicholas church is not closed, but the money for the restoration was not, therefore, the iconostasis knocked out of boards, gradually began to revive the murals. The church utensils and icons transferred from a small church in Simferopol after its closure. In an atheistic era when there were few active churches in Mazanko people came from different parts of Crimea, here they were baptized, married, prayed. Bright cozy temple all gladly accepted.
In February 2000, the hut has started the action "I hasten to do good, it was initiated by the residents of this village. Each of them took a stone and brought to the temple, for the revival of the local shrines. On the road appeared shield, which depicted St. Nicholas Church. And next to turn to the village of wattle and daub found worship cross to atone for sins and the salvation of our souls. Turn off the road and visit St. Nicholas Church in the village of wattle and daub, and put his "stone" in the revival of sacred sites.