In 1783 the Crimea was finally annexed to Russia. The main city of the future Tauride area decided to build next to the Tatar settlement of Ak-Mosque, where Russian troops were quartered. Orthodox churches in the Ak-Mosque was not, so in 1785 the regiment commander BA Tischev bought a small Tatar house whose owner had gone to Turkey, and made it the regimental church of the kings in the name of Sts Constantine and Helen. She was on the border of the medieval settlement of Ak-Mosque and the new city of Simferopol.
Emperor Constantine I (between 274 and 280-337) united in the hands of the Roman Empire, has completed the transformation begun by Diocletian state in dominative in which the head of state becomes the master of his subjects, but his power comes from God. In place of the ancient Greek colony of Byzantium, the emperor laid a new city, named after the founder of Constantinople - the future capital of the Byzantine Empire. But the church called him Sts not for public and political talents. In 324, the Edict of Milan Constantine allowed the free exercise of Christianity. Here's how this relates Church tradition. About three hundred years have passed since death on the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Christianity increasingly spread, despite the brutal harassment and persecution of believers had to flee secretly making divine. Emperor Constantine waged war with the ruler of Rome. On the eve of a decisive battle, he and all his army saw in the sky a cross with the inscription: "Sim win." Night in his sleep Constantine saw the cross of Christ, who commanded him to do on its banners credit-sty, and said that he would conquer the enemy. Emperor fulfilled all exactly, but their victory and the signing in Rome, had placed the statue in the town square with a cross in his hand. Constantine himself was baptized shortly before his Smer-ti in 337. Christian-tion was by public religion of Rome-tion of the empire.
After retiring from the Ak-Mosque of Russian troops at the church for some time deserted. In 1786 the ruler of Tauris VV Kahovskij ordered set in the church iconostasis and resume worship. But the city grew, the number of Christians increased, they could no longer fit in a small temple.
During his travels in Crimea by Empress Catherine II in May 1787 visited Simferopol and prayed in the Church of Constantine and Helen Tower. Struck by her poverty and simplicity, the Empress expressed a wish to see in the provincial city of "a decent church cathedral" and promised to give church utensils and vestry, however, has nearly twenty years, the Orthodox residents of Simferopol came to the little old church. But a new church in the name of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul appeared only in 1806.
After the opening of Peter and Paul Cathedral church in the name of Saints Constantine and Helen kings became part of the estate of Major-General Vladimir Popov. The last owner of the estate became Yuri Popov, the landlord Simferopol district, when it was reconstructed buildings of the estate. The architectural appearance of the chapel has changed the new two-tiered bell tower, and the other was a design, which used elements of Russian architecture of the XVII century. Large arched openings of the belfry adorned kokoshniki, hip roof crowned with an onion, the windows of the temple - trims.
In 1914 the Church of Saints Constantine and Helen again become a regimental, it visited the soldiers of the infantry regiment. So far, the ceiling of the temple remained emblems regiments. From 1917 to 1921 the church was assigned to the Peter and Paul Cathedral, but then it got its own parish. In 1924, the authorities decided to eliminate the church, but then canceled it, yielding to the insistent requests of the parishioners. Five years later, in 1929 the Kings Church Saints Constantine and Helena was closed, destroyed the upper tier of the belfry. In the distorted building housed flying club, and then there has long been the archive registrar.
In the late 90-ies the temple gave the Church, and it has started restoration. November 4, 2001 are served first in many years divine service.