Extraordinarily beautiful nature, warm sea, picturesque mountains of the Crimea since the time of Empress Catherine II attracted the attention of the rich nobles who built castles and manor houses here. Many of them became real architectural masterpieces, decorating the Southern coast of Crimea. By the end of XIX century, most of the best land around Yalta was owned by the imperial family. On the state of Lower Massandra was built another resort Navy Department for the treatment of patients with tuberculosis of the lower ranking officers and Russia Empire of the fleet, which also assigned the name of Alexander III. Of the sanatorium had names of children of the royal family. In 1914 he dedicated the first building in honor of Grand Duchess Olga in the presence of Nicholas II and Alexandra Feodorovna. For the needs of patients of the sanatorium began to build a small temple designed by a famous Moscow architect, VN Maximov, a student of Academician Shchusev. The temple was built in the style of ancient churches, on both sides of the entrance door was placed plaques with historical text: "In the name of the Holy Spirit sanctified And this church of St. Nicholas, Archbishop of Myra, the miracle worker. Witness: Father George, Minister of Marine, Lieutenant-General I. K . Grigorovich, chief inspector of the fleet life-health G. A. Zuev, chief physician of the sanatorium. The church was consecrated on December 6, 1916. Icons for the church, at the insistence of the architect VN Maximov, got only the old, not later than the XVII century. This has established a special commission, headed by Professor F. Ya Mishukov. Artists and art collecting icons in Novgorod and Pskov provinces. After the revolution in St. Nicholas Church arranged something like a museum of ancient Russian icons, but it lasted long. In 1930 the church was closed and used for commercial purposes.
In the 90 years of the restoration of the church, it repaired, against Southern Coast of green gold shone a large dome over it established a cross made of stainless steel. In 1992, the church re-consecrated in the name of Nicholas and Tsarina Alexandra the Great, the heavenly patrons of the royal family. His parishioners are people who are on treatment.
Crimean Research Institute. Sechenov, whose territory is now Nicholas church, assisted by a resurgent church: paid utilities, monitors the state of communications.
When the temple opened Sunday school where the priests conduct interviews with children and adolescents. In 2002, consecrated a cave temple in honor of the crypt-New Martyrs and Confessors Russian.