Vbolshoy Valley Biuk-Karasu located Belogorsk - City of White Mountains, a chain stretching from the north. Among them stands out White Rock (Ak-Kaya) - an interesting monument of nature, history and archeology.
Its northern slopes are shallower, and the south almost vertically - the so-called Cuesta. In 1777, at the top of the Ak-Kaya camp was located AV Suvorov, and in 1783, Prince Grigory Potemkin took the oath of allegiance to Russia Tatars power.
Belogorsk city was renamed in 1944, but before he was named Karasubazar, which means "bazaar at the river Karasu. The first information about the city belong to the XIII century. Its advantageous location on the caravan route from Perekopa in Stary Krym, Feodosia, Sudak allowed to become a major trading center and get rich quick. The most expensive goods were slaves, so Karasubazar repeatedly stormed Zaporozhye Cossacks, freeing people from Tatar captivity. After the troops Munnich burned in 1736 Bakhchisaray in Karasubazar shifted residence Khan. Following the approval of the peninsula city of Russia for a short time was the capital of Crimea.
In 1793 Karasubazar was built in Greek St. Nicholas Cathedral. Construction of the temple and blessed the Right Reverend Job (Potemkin), Bishop of Theodosia and Mariupol. Considerable assistance was infantry general graph MV Kahovskij and parishioners. Throughout its history the temple was reconstructed several times: gradually appeared extension, a wooden tower was replaced by stone, the temple has acquired the features of the Byzantine style. The first cathedral was the archpriest John Vasilkioti, who served here for about 50 years, until the end of his life. According to Bishop Hermogenes, he enjoyed great respect not only among the Greeks, but among the Tatars. People often visit his grave in the yard of the temple to pray and take the land that is considered a useful tool in the treatment of fever. In the yard of the cathedral and buried the first Tauride Governor Earl MV Kahovskij.