Zuyu founded after the Crimea to Russia, according to one version, coming from the central provinces of the empire, on the other - retired soldiers. Villagers, barely settled in the new place, appealed to the governor and archbishop Ekaterinoslavsky, Kherson and the Tauride to allow construction of a church in honor of Nicholas, one of the most venerated Christian saints. In 1831 the temple in Zue finally built, he did forty years old, dilapidated and was demolished in 1871, and in 1884 the parishioners built a new church was consecrated and also in the name of Saint Nicholas.
After the establishment of Soviet power for the St. Nicholas Church again fell on hard times. The policy of the new state was aimed at combating religion, the Church universally closed. By the end of the 20-ies anti-religious campaign with a new force deployed in the country. We needed an excuse to close Nikolsky temple in Zue, and he was found. The building suffered from a severe earthquake in 1927, cracks appeared in walls and dome, in the arch of the dome formed Brack, dividing the entire building into two halves. In August 1929, the commission investigated the church and recognized that it is in a critical condition. The repairs were required on an estimate of 8000 rubles. Under the contract, the parishioners themselves should have been carrying out repairs, but there was no money, so they robbed the temple. But this was not enough, clergy zuyskoy church was accused of organizing anti-Soviet statements, attempted murder of the chairman of the village council Gris-puppies and murder of Peter Komsomolets Verbovskii. Decree of the Presidium of the Crimean CEC of 25 December 1929 the church was closed, at the suggestion of Young Communists in it staged a club.
Again resumed service in St. Nicholas Church after the war and lasted twenty years. Then it closed again by arranging first store, then the gym and library.
In 1991, St. Nicholas Church in Zue was transferred to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church Moscow Patriarchate. With the help of parishioners began to restore the old church, a contemporary Zooey.