In the village Ternivka (formerly Shulyu) is the Savior-Transfiguration Skete. On its territory from the ground follows the source of St. Theodore, near the remains of the medieval chapel of Ai-Todor. Even in the XIX century, stood nearby village with the same name Ai-Todor, here, as did the river Aytodorka. That these lands in 1868 on the orders of Emperor Alexander II were identified Inkerman St. Clement Monastery . Through the efforts of the monks here at the woodland was built by The Church of St. Theodore. It lasted until 1925.
Summer 1996 productions Archimandrite Augustine began the revival of the monastery: consecrated in the name of the holy throne of St. Cassian, Uglich Miracle.
In worldly life of St. Cassian was mangupskim Prince Constantine. He lived in the Crimea in XV century. The political situation at that time was not easy, the principality of Theodoro had to defend their land from the Genoese, who settled in the Cafe, and coexist with the Muslim state of the Crimean Tatars. Circumstances forced the Duke Constantine to live with his cousin Thomas Morea. Constantine had the opportunity to accompany his daughter Sofia, first in Rome and then to Moscow, where she was expecting fiance, Grand Prince of Moscow John III of Russia. Having lived for a time when the Grand Duke's court, Konstantin determined boyar to the Rostov archbishop Joasaph. Along with him, he retired to Ferapontov Belozersky Monastery. Prince Constantine settled in a separate cell, his life in a monastery headed elder Filaret. Here pious Constantine was tonsured with the name of Cassian. In Belozersky monastery, he met with the Reverend Nile, the future founder of Sora Skete. Conversations with him have influenced the spiritual development of St. Cassian.
Together with a few monks left Cassian Belozersky Monastery. Where the river flows into the Volga Uchma, they staged a cell and began to live in the works and prayers. Learning of this, Uglich, Prince Andrey told the St. Cassian bring to him and talked to him a long time. Prince agreed to the base of the new monastery, decorated rich charity.
New monastery was coenobite, under Abbot. The first abbot became a monk Zacchaeus. In the monastery built a temple in honor of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin, refectory and cells. But severe flooding destroyed some of the buildings, swept the church plate. In trouble again helped the monks Uglich prince. At his money revived monastery in the new place, which could not get water. Built and two temples: the stone in honor of the Assumption of the Virgin and the church in honor of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist.
St. Cassian lived to 102 years. It was given to know the day when his earthly life ends. Holy confessed and received the communion of the Holy Mysteries. He died on October 4, 1504 and was buried in the church of the Assumption, right behind the choir. On the wall of the temple was a relief image of the double-headed eagle of the Byzantine form - a symbol of power Mangupskogo principality. When the coffin remained schema and Underwear cross saint. On his grave there have been many miracles.