Memorial Primorsky Boulevard
over the railway station stands the so-called Central Hill: Three main street (Lenin, Bolshaya Morskaya and prospectus Nakhimova) between the three main squares (Nakhimov, Ushakov, Revolution). Twice the city withstood the unprecedented siege and was completely destroyed. White stone building, effectively mirrored in the blue bays, built after the II-nd World War in the classical style. Everywhere monuments and exotic greens.
particularly good Primorsky boulevard to the famous Monument to the Scuttled Ships, set anchor in front of him with the ships that were scuttled in 1854 to prevent the enemy to enter the Sevastopol bay. Very gorgeous Count pier, hence the ships go to the north side and guided tours are arranged on the warships. Above the landing area Admiral Nakhimov with a majestic monument. In the center are also Art Museum and the Museum of the History of the Black Sea Fleet. One of the few old (1888g.) buildings - St. Vladimir's Cathedral, where the tomb of Russian admirals, and other heroes of the first defense of Sevastopol.
Primorsky Boulevard - a complex of monuments and places that reflect events taking place in Sevastopol since its foundation.
In 1778 at the Cape, where the water sports complex is now located, erected an earthen battery. In 1797 she, along with other earthen battery was rebuilt, becoming a stronger and received the name Nicholas.
during the Crimean soldiers of the battery was destroyed. Nearly three decades, the ruins of this huge building, located in the heart of the city, prevented improvement of Sevastopol. Only in 1883 it was decided to remove the remnants of the battery and cleared the place to break Blvd. In 1885 this plant trees and shrubs, equipped exercise area overlooking the sea. In the western part of the built yacht club with a reading room and a restaurant.
new boulevard called Seaside. It was a wonderful vacation spot, attracting all of Sevastopol. In the 90 years of the last century was built on the Promenade Theater.
Almost simultaneously with the theater at the Promenade was built marine biological station with aquarium - Russia's first scientific institute to study the flora and fauna of the sea.
To the 50 anniversary of the defense of Sevastopol in 1854-1855. appeared at the Seaside Memorial Sunken Ships. On the waterfront boulevard marked the place where we start floating bridge, which the defenders of Sevastopol during the night of 27 to 28 August 1855 crossed to the north side.
on stones granite embankment of Primorsky Boulevard left a trace event sailors uprising here in 1905 mounted a memorial plaque, reminiscent of rebellious cruiser Ochakov ".
And as a symbol of forever living heroic traditions sailors of the Black Sea to the 35 anniversary of the liberation of Sevastopol from the Nazis on the embankment of the Primorsky Boulevard was inaugurated memorial sign Black Sea Fleet squadron.
Boulevard, is more than a hundred years, not once was reconstructed and expanded. In 1949, architects PV Kumpan, GG Shvabauer and IA Saburov developed the project after the implementation of the Seashore which has changed significantly: increased its length, appeared a beautiful cast-iron fence, two entrances memorable architecture, became richer and more varied green dress Boulevard. The new part of the Primorsky laid between the Palace of Pioneers (now the Palace of childhood and adolescence) to the theater. Lunacharskogo.